Senator the Hon Mathias Cormann
Minister for Finance
- Transcript of Interview - Sky News - Saturday Agenda with David Lipson (30/11/2013)
GrainCorp, Qantas, Schools funding, Debt ceiling, Carbon tax.
- Key advisers for scoping study into Medibank Private sale appointed (29/11/2013)
The Government continues to progress its considerations of a sale of Medibank Private through a careful and methodical process.
- Transcript of Interview – Channel Ten – Meet the Press (24/11/2013)
- Reckless Action on the Debt Limit (20/11/2013)
The Labor Party and the Greens are behaving recklessly and dangerously by refusing to support a $500 billion debt limit, which Treasury Secretary Dr Martin Parkinson today described as “prudent”.
- Transcript of Doorstop – Live Broadcast (19/11/2013)
Labor's undisclosed 14,500 job cuts in the Public Service, Qantas.
- Labor's Hidden Job Cuts and Unfunded Redundancies (19/11/2013)
More evidence of Labor’s budget deception has emerged, with advice showing the former Government concealed almost 14,500 public service job cuts initiated before the last election.
- NBN Co Board Appointments (12/11/2013)
As part of the Government’s continuing National Broadband Network reforms, three directors with extensive relevant industry experience have been appointed to the NBN Co Board.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements September 2013 (8/11/2013)
The underlying cash balance for the 2013-14 financial year to 30 September 2013 was a deficit of $22,929 million.
- Transcript of Interview: ABC TV – Lateline with Emma Aberici (4/11/2013)
WA Senate recount, carbon tax, automotive industry, parliamentary entitlements.
- Transcript of Interview - Doorstop (27/10/2013)
Carbon tax, parliamentary entitlements.
- Australian War Memorial (28/10/2013)
The Canberra Times reported today that legislation developed by the former government will
impact adversely on the Australian War Memorial and how they manage donations.
- Transcript of Interview - Sky News - Australian Agenda with Peter van Onselen and Paul Kelly (27/10/2013)
Budget, mining tax repeal, Commission of Audit, debt ceiling, Medibank.
- Transcript of Interview - ABC Radio National (25/10/2013)
Repeal of Mining Tax, Sale of Medibank
- Transcript of Interview: ABC 24 - Capital Hill with Lyndal Curtis (24/10/2013)
Scoping study for sale of Medibank, repeal of Mining Tax.
- Transcript of Interview: Mornings with Paul Murray - 6PR (24/10/2013)
Scoping study for sale of Medibank Private, Commission of Audit.
- Coalition commences scoping study for sale of Medibank Private (24/10/2013)
The Coalition has long been committed to the sale of Medibank Private.
- Repeal of the Minerals Resource Rent Tax (24/10/2013)
The Government is today releasing draft legislation for the repeal of the Minerals Resource Rent Tax (MRRT).
- Transcript of Interview with Waleed Aly - Radio National - Drive (22/10/2013)
Commission of Audit, Debt Limit.
- Transcript of Interview - ABC 24 - Capital Hill with Lyndal Curtis (22/10/2013)
Commission of Audit.
- Transcript of Interview - Sky News - PM Agenda (22/10/2013)
Commission of Audit.
- Transcript of Joint Media Conference – Minister for Finance and the Treasurer (22/10/2013)
Debt Limit and Commission of Audit.
- Coalition Commences National Commission of Audit (22/10/2013)
The Coalition Government today announces the commencement of the National Commission of Audit. The Commission is an essential step in addressing Labor’s record of waste and mismanagement.
- Transcript of Interview - The Perrett Report, Sky Business News (21/10/2013)
Commission of Audit, Debt Ceiling, Scrapping The Mining Tax.
- Parliamentary Budget Office Confirms Coalition's Prudent Election Costings (18/10/2013)
The independent Parliamentary Budget Office (PBO) has confirmed in its post-election analysis that the Coalition's policies would lead to a substantial improvement in the Budget bottom line.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements July and August 2013 (11/10/2013)
The underlying cash balance for the 2013-14 financial year to 31 August 2013 was a deficit of $10,563 million.
- Transcript of Interview - Sky News - AM Agenda with Laura Jayes (10/10/2013)
US shutdown, foreign investment rules, free trade agreement, IMF report, carbon tax, car industry support.
- Dr Ziggy Switkowski Appointed Executive Chair of NBN Co (3/10/2013)
The Government has today made major changes to the Board and senior management of the NBN Co.
- NBN Co Initiates Strategic Review (3/10/2013)
The Government has today asked the NBN Co to begin a strategic review into the progress and cost of the project.
- Transcript of Interview - Channel 10 Sydney - Meet The Press with Kathryn Robinson (29/09/2013)
Budget, infrastructure projects, boat tragedy, carbon tax, parliamentary entitlements.
- Transcript of Interview - Sky News - Saturday Agenda with David Lipson (28/09/2013)
Boat tragedy, Budget, asset sales, carbon tax.
- Transcript of Interview - ABC 24 - Capital Hill with Lyndal Curtis (27/09/2013)
2012-13 Final Budget Outcome.
- Transcript of Joint Media Conference – Minister for Finance and the Treasurer (27/09/2013)
Today, the Treasurer and Minister for Finance released the Final Budget Outcome for Labor's second last Budget.
- Release of 2012-13 Final Budget Outcome (27/09/2013)
Today's Final Budget Outcome confirms the deteriorating state of the Budget under six years of Labor.
- Implementing the Coalition's Broadband Policy (24/09/2013)
The Coalition Government is committed to completing the National Broadband Network sooner, more affordably for consumers and at less expense to taxpayers.
Back to top