The Assistant Minister for Finance, Charities and Electoral Matters will have responsibility for the following areas of the portfolio:
- Electoral matters (supported by the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC)) and will assist on electoral policy relating to charities and other not-for-profits.
- Whole-of-government property policy and administration, including non-defence owned estate
- The Public Works Committee.
- Requests for act of grace payments and waivers of debt under the Public Governance Performance and Accountability Act 2013
- Government campaign advertising.
- Australian government superannuation – routine matters, including responding to correspondence on administration of Australian government superannuation.
- Administrative and operational matters for Comcover, the government’s self‑managed insurance fund.