Senator the Hon. Mathias Cormann
Minister for Finance
Date: Tuesday, 5 August 2014
The Government continues to progress the sale of Medibank Private in an orderly and methodical fashion with the appointment today of various selling services providers.
Following a competitive tender process, the appointments are:
- Co-Lead Managers to the initial public offering:
- Bell Potter Securities Limited;
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia;
- Morgans Financial Limited; and
- UBS Wealth Management Australia Limited.
- Co-Managers to market Medibank Private shares to retail investors throughout Australia:
- Evans and Partners Pty Ltd; and
- Ord Minnett Limited.
The Department of Finance has also appointed Belgiovane Williams Mackay Melbourne to develop the advertising campaign for the share offer.
These providers will now commence the extensive preparations required to undertake a fully marketed initial public offering in the 2014-15 financial year, subject to market conditions.
The precise timing and structure of the Medibank Private initial public offering is yet to be determined.
Karen Wu 0428 350 139