Date: Friday, 12 December 2014
QBT Pty Ltd has been appointed as the new whole-of-Government travel management services provider for the next four years, with responsibility for about $2.1 billion worth of travel expected to be undertaken across government over that period.
QBT Pty Ltd was awarded the contract after a competitive tendering process conducted by the Department of Finance.
Replacing the current panel arrangement with a single provider will reduce the cost of administration. Modelling undertaken during the procurement process, based on expenditure in 2013-14, suggests that new fees charged for travel management services will be around 3 per cent lower.
Compared to the previous contract, the new single provider arrangement will:
- ensure more consistency in pricing, systems, services and training across departments and agencies;
- consolidate duty of care, security and emergency response services (including internationally) and processes;
- take advantage of technology improvements and increased online booking management to provide savings and efficiencies;
- provide a single source of data; and
- simplify contract management.
Departments and agencies will transition to the new provider immediately and will be fully operational by 1 July 2015. The arrangement has an initial four year term, with options to extend for a further three years. The contract is valued at approximately $66 million.
QBT Pty Ltd is an Australian owned travel management centre with 30 years of experience delivering specialist business travel management services to corporate and government customers.
Karen Wu – 0428 350 139