Senator the Hon. Mathias Cormann
Minister for Finance
Leader of the Government in the Senate
Senator for Western Australia
Date: Tuesday, 30 January 2018
Under Bill Shorten, Labor has so far put the politics of envy before policies to strengthen our economy, to create more jobs and better opportunity for Australians to get ahead.
Today at the National Press Club Bill Shorten has the opportunity to change direction.
To promote policies which will boost investment, growth, jobs and lift wages over time.
Bill Shorten also must take the Australian people into his confidence on whether or not he will reverse the following Coalition policies should he be elected Prime Minister:
- Tax cuts for small and medium sized businesses which have already been legislated
- Instant asset write offs for small businesses
- The ability for women to make catch up contributions to superannuation
- Reforms which ensure sustainability and affordability for child care
- Sensible reforms to our energy system
And will Bill Shorten finally confirm how he will fund his schools policy? How that funding will be distributed between States and sectors?
At last year’s National Press Club address Bill Shorten said his priority for 2017 was jobs, jobs and jobs while promoting an anti-investment anti-jobs agenda. It is Coalition economic policy settings which helped create more than 400,000 new jobs in 2017.
It is time for Bill Shorten and Labor to reveal their own plan for jobs & growth.
Karen Wu - 0428 350 139