Senator the Hon. Mathias Cormann
Minister for Finance and the Public Service
Leader of the Government in the Senate
Senator for Western Australia
The Hon. David Littleproud MP
Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources
Federal Member for Maranoa
Date: Monday, 8 April 2019
- Ms Sharon Starick appointed as final board member of the Regional Investment Corporation
- Board ensures RIC operates effectively and meets the needs of farmers
- Ms Starick has a wealth of experience in primary production, across agricultural and regional industry bodies, and in various committee roles
Ms Sharon Starick has been appointed as the final board member of the Regional Investment Corporation (RIC), which supports the long-term strength, resilience and profitability of Australian farm businesses.
Minister for Agriculture David Littleproud said Ms Starick would bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the role.
“With a strong background in farming, across agricultural and regional industry bodies, and in various committee roles, Ms Starick ticks all the boxes,” Minister Littleproud said.
“The RIC provides vital loan services to our farmers to help them build and maintain diversity in the markets they supply and take advantage of new and emerging opportunities.
“It also provides loans to farmers to prepare for, manage through and recover from periods of drought.
“The full board will help make sure the RIC is operating effectively and meeting the needs of our farmers.”
Minister for Finance Mathias Cormann said the board will support the RIC in delivering for rural and regional Australia.
“This final appointment ensures the RIC has the breadth of experience needed to fulfil its important role in our communities,” Minister Cormann said.
“Ms Starick possess the skillset needed to provide informed advice on drought and drought resilience matters and I congratulate her on her appointment.”
Ms Starick joins other board members Ms Lucia Cade, Mr Mark Lewis and Ms Prue Bondfield, with Mr David Foster appointed as Chair of the Board.
The board will help the RIC meet its potential obligations under the Future Drought Fund, which will fund vital projects, research, advice, services and technology adoption that is directed towards achieving drought resilience.
For more information about the Regional Investment Corporation visit: www.agriculture.gov.au/ric.
- Ms Starick has been appointed for a period of three years
- The RIC offers loans to support eligible farm businesses to improve their long-term strength, resilience and profitability
- The RIC also offers loans to encourage states and territories to break ground on priority water infrastructure projects
For Minister Cormann: Karen Wu - 0428 350 139
For Minister Littleproud: Les White - 0409 805 122